Friday, April 16, 2010

Responsibility

"It is the Western women who will change the world"
The Dalai Lama

I was on a conference call yesterday with women of different faiths. They had met at the Parliament of World's religions. We started off with a brief mediation and then the above reading. The title of our discussion was, "What does it mean to be an expression of the feminine, a woman of faith and spirit?" My immediate thought was that it's a responsibility to serve. We who are driven by Spirit and are fortunate enough to live outside a developing nation with education and plenty, have a responsibilitly to take action and serve. To those who have much, much is expected. I believe this with everything I am.

We are working in three areas now: Free Schools World Literacy is just one. Our mission is help others serve by documenting what they do and giving them the film we create for funding raising and education. Our skills are stretched, we learn new ones, and feel gifted to provide this service. We're moving - I still need groups of people to speak to in order to raise funds. It's a great talk - and at the end I ask for a check! It doesn't hurt a bit :o)

No comments: