Sunday, March 28, 2010

Thought for this Sunday

An object at rest tends to stay at rest until an outside force acts upon it. Those of us working with Free Schools and others working on other projects to educate girls and women in developing nations are forces outside of communities stuck in a cycle of poverty and illiteracy. There are currently groups of people, every day people just like you and me, working all over the planet. This is the wave I refer to often. It's as if there is a spiritual consciousness that is touching us to do this work. When a wave of humans gather momentum, an outside force, change occurs. Imagine the beautiful difference we will see if girls and women are educated and have an empowering voice. What would this planet look like?

Greg Mortenson, who wrote Three Cups of Tea and Stones into Schools, started raising funds for his schools by public speaking. I'm asking any of you out there if you know of a group I may contact and speak in order to raise funds for our project. We're writing grants, I'm speaking, and it's working but we have a goal and I have a sense of urgency. Whether it's a Chamber of Commerce, Junior League, Kiwanis, it doesn't matter - I have a voice for these girls and want to speak for them. Invite me in, listen, and then be of whatever service you can be for all of us. Thanks!

No comments: